Sunday, June 17, 2012

Six months in...

And I'm already making plans for  when I get out of the army?

I'm on vacation staying with family in Colorado, and since we got here on Tuesday, we've gone hiking, fishing, shooting, and horseback riding AND we has a cookout and made a trip to Colorado Springs to go browse some of the Army surplus stores. Then we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse (we drove 12 hours from Texas...).

I'm in love with horses now! I mean, I've always thought they were beautiful, but now I've decided that once I can afford some land, I would like to look into getting one (or two or three)
I really like this one.
But then again, I like these
And these
So... I like horses, and I want one. And they're all beautiful.

On a much more serious note, there have been a couple of forest fires that started since we've arrived. One supposedly started at the campsite where we stopped to use the restroom while we were hiking/fishing at 11 Mile Canyon. Scary to think that the area that I was in just five days ago is now engulfed in flames. Here's a picture of the smoke as we saw it from the area where we were shooting in the forest.


No comments:

Post a Comment